Monday 18 August 2014

Mixed Media Monday - Umbrella.

Hi Friends! It's a bright new week, which means it's time to see another page from my Art Journal. It's Mixed Media Monday time!


For this page I put down some of that meshy wall tape you can get from the hardware store. I thought it would give neat texture. I then went over it with Gesso and dried it. I sprayed some Dylusions spray inks onto my page, and blotted it off, to give it a more faded effect. I didn't blot the drips for the pink rain.

I sprayed some white ink through a raindrop stencil, but it didn't come out that well. So I used some blue and purple inks with a dot stamp for added texture and interest.



For my figure in a rainbow, rainboots and umbrella I used some papers I made on my Gelli Plate. Which is a new purchase I made. Wow it's so fun! A great way to make neat papers with lots of textures for my Mixed Media work. I simply drew the shapes on the papers and cut them out and inked around the edges, and added some detail with big brush markers.


For the flower I used texture paste through a stencil that I heat zapped, and them went over with Faber-Castell Big Brush markers. I liked the idea of the raincoat figure sharing the umbrella with the flower.

Which brings me to my quote:


Isn't that so true?

So Thank You for being my umbrella dear friends, and I hope you liked seeing my page today. Thanks so much for stopping by and all your lovely comments!

7 comments:

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Wow, Annmaree, great job! The textures and mediums you used go so well together. I love your little figure and the umbrella over the flower is so sweet.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Annmaree thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me such fab comments they truly are appreciated. Annmaree this is fantastic that background is awesome so is the image and sentiment it looks amazing.
hugs
lorraine x

brenda said...

Hi Annmaree,

Literally just back from hols with blogland withdrawal symptoms so quickly popping round my fav blogs to say hello and will be back during the week.

Love, love, love today's post and thanks for your visits whilst I have been away.

B x

May said...

WOW...Love this page Annmaree.. the textures & inky runs are fabulous....Love the images & quote...AMAZING Work.... Hugs May x x

scarlett clay said...

This is so cute! I love everything about it!

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous!! Love all the details and all the paints!
Thats one of my favorite tapes to use!!
You rocked that technique!!

MagsB said...

Hiya, Annmaree! i must say, I really enjoy your mixed media posts - I wouldn't know where to begin in making one, but your colours and images and textures are always so gorgeous!

And thank you so much for your very kind comments on my blog. I always appreciate them.

love Mags B x